Thanks To Social Marketing Guru Chris Brogan For 3 Words To Guide Us In 2011
One of the few non-music industry thinkers that I try to read daily is Chris Brogan and every New Year the social marketing expert and blogger chooses three words to guide his efforts in the coming year. This year Chris’ words are: Reinvest, Package and Flow.
As Chris, says “Instead of resolutions, which don’t usually help me very much, I work hard on using these words as a lighthouse for my actions and efforts.” That’s simple yet powerful advice, and as I wrote down my own 3 words to guide our 2011 efforts on Hypebot, MusicThinkTank and at our booking agency Skyline Music, I realized that they could also apply to artists beginning a new project, startup launching a product and a music industry reinventing itself. The three words that will guide our 2011 are:
- INNOVATE – Ideas are plentiful. But which ideas are truly innovative? Which really move the ball forward?
- IMPLEMENT – All the innovative ideas in the world are meaningless without effective implementation. We got better at it in 2010, but I believe our projects will soar in 2011 if we implement.
- AMPLIFY – How can we make the most out of each action? How can we share it with others and encourage them to help spread the word?
- What’s Ahead For 2011? Marcus Taylor: Social Marketing & Mobile Will Continue To Be Important
- Tim Ferriss’ 4 Big Social Media Marketing Predictions For 2011
- Rewind – The Music Industry’s Week In Review: Tickets Decline, Social Media Marketing & More
- Combining Email Marketing With Social Media Rises
- What’s Ahead For 2011? Jonathan Ostrow: Social Charts Will Flip The Music Industry On It’s Head
- What’s Ahead For 2011? Emily White: Direct-To-Fan Sales, Fan Building Through Social Media Will Grow
- What’s Ahead For 2011? Panos Panay: Consumer Brand Marketing Will Play Bigger Role In Music